Word documents saved in the DOCX format can be ingested directly into Manifold and support the following paragraph and character styles.
Supported Paragraph Styles
Apply paragraph styles in Word by using the Style pane in the Ribbon or shortcuts on the Ribbon itself. The following links redirect to the appropriate instruction page on Microsoft’s Word support site.
- Only one per document. The content of the paragraph applied with this style will appear in the reader’s title bar.
- Only one per document
- Headings 1–6
- Body Text Paragraphs
The following styles will be transformed into standard body paragraphs:
- Block Text
- Also called Blockquote
- List Paragraph
- Footnote Text
- Used in conjunction with linked footnote references
- Will be transformed to endnote text
- Endnote Text
- Used in conjunction with linked endnote references
There is also support for basic tables where the first row will be counted as column heads. Subsequent rows will appear as standard table data:
For more on how to insert a table into Word, see the Microsoft Word support site.
Supported Character Styles
Apply the following character styles by selecting text and clicking on the corresponding button in the Ribbon. Each of the links below redirect to the appropriate instruction page on Microsoft’s Word support site.
- Verbatim Char
- Footnote Reference
- Endnote Reference
Unsupported Stylings and Features
- Font size
- Colored text
- Tabbed indentation
- Tabs will be scrubbed from the file during ingestion and any intended indent will be lost.
- Specialized ruler indentation
- All first-line indentations applied with the ruler or in the Paragraph Settings will normalize to the default 0.5” indent.
- Inline images
- Linked data relying on field codes