Integrations menu is where Manifold administrators can leverage external services, including Google, Twitter, and Facebook, for third party authentication, social sharing functionality, and to enable text ingestion from Google Docs.
Before a publisher can input values into each of these fields, they will first need to set up accounts with Google, Facebook, and Twitter as described here:
By configuring Google Services, a publisher will unlock the ability to import texts from Google Docs into the Manifold reader, import resources in bulk into existing projects (using Google Drive), and leverage Google Analytics to get detailed statistics about reader use and interaction with the Manifold instance.
To begin using these features, you must first complete some configuration through the Google Developer Console.
Before adding Google Services support to Manifold, you will need a Google developer account and a Manifold Google project.
- If you do not have a developer account you can create one at through the Google Developer Console.
- If you do not have a Manifold Google project you can create one by logging into your developer account and clicking “Create Project.”
Get Credentials Set File
- Go to the APIs overview by clicking on the “API” card on your project dashboard.
- Click on the “Credentials” tab in the sidebar.
- Click to create credentials set for a “Service account key.”
- Select “New service account” from the dropdown.
- Give your service account a name. You do not need to add a role.
- Create the credential set.
- Select “JSON” for the key type and download the
Update Manifold Settings
Under the “Google Services Integration” header, upload the
google_service.json file. Doing so will automatically populate the rest of the fields in the section.
Alternatively, if you manage settings in the environment (
MANAGE_SETTINGS_FROM_ENV=1 in your
.env file), you should set the corresponding settings in
# Config Files MANIFOLD_SETTING_CONFIG_GOOGLE_SERVICE="/var/opt/manifold/api/keys/google_service.json" ## Google Integration MANIFOLD_SETTING_INTEGRATIONS_GOOGLE_PROJECT_ID= MANIFOLD_SETTING_INTEGRATIONS_GOOGLE_PRIVATE_KEY_ID= MANIFOLD_SETTING_INTEGRATIONS_GOOGLE_CLIENT_EMAIL= MANIFOLD_SETTING_INTEGRATIONS_GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID=
If a file path is present at the path set in
MANIFOLD_SETTING_CONFIG_GOOGLE_SERVICE, values will first be set from this file, then overwritten by any subsequent matching keys.
With Google Services now configured, you can enable Google Analytics and Drive integrations with your instance, as described in these two sections:
By configuring OAuth, your readers can login to Manifold using their Facebook, Twitter, or Google login. Configuring each OAuth Provider involves generating access tokens and storing them in Manifold. Follow the specific instructions for each provider to set this up.