Google OAuth Configuration
If this feature is enabled, Manifold will include a “Log in with Google” button on the login page. Clicking the button will open a popup that allows users to authenticate using their Google account. On successful authentication, Manifold will create a user record (if it is the user’s first time logging in) and an associated identity record.
These instructions document the process for acquiring OAuth keys from Google. It’s possible that their process has changed since this was written. If that’s the case, please open a pull request against our documentation with a correction.
Before adding OAuth support for Google to Manifold, you will need to configure Google Services for Manifold.
The Manifold API handles OAuth callbacks. For Google, the callback route is located at
/auth/google/callback. For your installation of Manifold, the callback URL will be the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the API server followed by that path. For example, my Manifold API is on the same domain as the client application, and that domain is
manifoldapp.org, the callback URL would be
Setup Consent Screen
- Log into your account and app at Google Developer Console.
- From your Manifold project’s API Manager, navigate to “Credentials” in the sidebar.
- Click on the “OAuth consent screen” tab.
- Select an email address in the dropdown.
- Add a name to the “Product name shown to users” field.
- Save the settings.
Create OAuth Credentials
- Click on the “Credentials” tab.
- Click the button to “Create credentials” and select “OAuth client ID”.
- Select “Web application” for the “Application type”.
- Name the credential set.
- In the “Authorized redirect URIs” field, enter the callback url, defined above.
- Click create.
Get App ID and Secret ID
- Click on your new credential set under the “OAuth 2.0 client IDs” header.
- Copy the values under “Client ID” and “Client Secret”.
Update Manifold Settings
In the Manifold backend, navigate to the “settings” menu item. Under the “integration” tab, in the section labelled “Google OAuth Configuration,” enter the Client ID into the field labeled “Google Client ID.” Enter the Client Secret value into the field labeled “Google Client Secret.”
If you manage settings in the environment (
MANAGE_SETTINGS_FROM_ENV=1 in your
.env file), you should set the corresponding settings in
# Google OAuth Integration MANIFOLD_SETTING_INTEGRATIONS_GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_ID= MANIFOLD_SETTING_SECRETS_GOOGLE_OAUTH_CLIENT_SECRET=